Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Ceramics project

photo.JPG

 
 
The material that is used while making this project was white clay. This material was safe for us to use if we decided we wanted to use it for food. The size is 12 inches wide, 6 inches long, and has an height of 3 inches. The design element that was stressed during the making of this project was that I wanted it to look like some of the china my mom has at home. The technique that I used was the hump technique. This allowed me to get the perfect bowl shape and get the design I wanted. My piece does serve a function, it is used for my change that I don't care for; very helpful. I created a design by just letting my ideas flow and I also kept in mind the ideas of my mom's china. I learned a lot more about ceramics and sculpting when working in this project. If i would have done the project again i would have used some red clay to make the design more colorful and abstract.

No comments:

Post a Comment