Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Acrylic Landscape Painting

photo.JPG
 
 When we were allowed to chose pictures for our paining I decided to use one that I took from the beach last summer. I decided that I would use the analogous color scheme for my project. I chose to use green, blue, blue green, and blue violet. I had realized how this may not have been the ideal chose of colors for the beach scene but I wanted mine to be unique. Even though i wanted an unique painting I still  decided to make the sky I nice tint of blue. This affected my painting because i had the ocean set right under the sky, so i had to make the ocean blue violet in order to keep the two areas seem seperated. Also, to make the painting realistic I mixed some blue into the ocean as a clash of the reflection it would have. For my sandy part of the beach I simply decided to make the lightest tint of green possible in order for me to still have the grass a nice shade of green. To make it appear the most like sand I used the splatter technique with a toothbrush and black paint. For my grass i took a shade of green and just lighty stroked my canvas so that it appeared long and wavy, like how it would be at the beach. Finally, I had my beach chair, and i simply just made a really light tint of green and tried my hardest to paint the chair in a way to where it still seems identical to my picture. I created a light source in this painting by acting as if the viewer was the sun was right on top of whoever sat in the chair, because everybody needs a good tan! The main shading that I used was for the grass and the ocean. I did not use as much value as I should have, but where i did add value it definetly helped the painting. This project was really fun and i always enjoy using paint!

No comments:

Post a Comment