Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Pastel Still Life Project

photo.JPG
          
I planned my composition for this still life project by using things that described me. I decided to use things that is with me everyday. These items include my UNC hat, phone, ipod, pack of gum, and my wallet.  No items could describe me like they do, each item serves their purpose of describing me. This project was a thumbnail sketch. A thumbnail sketch is a small piece of work that was put down fast so the artist wouldn't forget the idea. These sketches are very helpful for artists when they want to start a new project.  The view finder helped me crop my objects in order to make the perfect view for my project. I made items look three dimensional by adding a light source to the image. This helped make it appear three dimensional because of the certain areas i shaded or lightened. I created a light source by simply picking an area in my cropped image and saying that is where the light is shining from. This project was very fun, minus the part where i got pastel all over me!

No comments:

Post a Comment